Human Rights Education Program
This e-learning module provides an introduction to Amnesty International with a focus on AIUSA. This module was created by AIUSA's Human Rights Education Program. We invite you to engage and enjoy the learning journey.
- A Movement Is Launched
- Vision and Mission
- Governance & Decision-Making at AIUSA
- Our Campaigns & Priority Issues
End America's Global Abortion Ban
Due to bad US policy, 3.4 million unsafe abortions could have been prevented; 70 million more condoms could have been distributed, and an estimated 20,000 maternal deaths could have been avoided—and that’s just the work of one global health organization impacted but the Global Gag Rule.
This micro-learning course will provide you with what you need to know and how you can take action to support sexual reproductive rights and provide access to health services to people who need and deserve them.
- Sexual Reproductive Rights are Human Rights
- Global Gag Rule vs Global Health, Empowerment, and Rights (HER) Act
- Act Now!
In the Line of Fire: Human Rights and the US Gun Violence Crisis
This course is based on the report by Amnesty International: In the Line of Fire: Human Rights and the US Gun Violence Crisis. It will provide you with information, data, and personal stories to enable you to explain why gun violence is a crisis in the United States and equip you with resources to get involved in local and national efforts to end gun violence.
Throughout the course, you are invited to assess and reflect on your own knowledge, engage in learning and research, and take action.Start Course
Use of Force: Policing in the United StatesBy the end of this course you will be able to:
- Define the Use of Force and articulate under which circumstances authorities are allowed to use it
- Understand how racist and discriminatory ideology have shaped the history of policing in the USA
- Outline how U.S. police use excessive force and describe how it threatens human rights
- Take action by organizing and mobilizing your community to support systemic reform of USA policing to end racism and stop human rights violations